If you are looking for information about choosing the best 36 inch gas range for your home or business then you have landed on the right page.
I have done thorough research on different gas ranges available at this single place, so that you can choose the best one which fits your need. All of these three products are the most rated as well as well rated products by customers. So be assured that all of these are quality products which can satisfy your requirement.
Everyone knows that there’s nothing out there in this world which is 100% perfect. Same goes out there with the branded products. All of them have their pros and cons. And in fact, it is better that one chooses those products which have much more pros than cons and fit our requirement. And that is what I have tried to do here.
So, here you have a comparison of the technical specifications of each of the 3 products, along with their Amazon rating and price:
Top Five 36 Inch Gas Range Reviews
1. Kenmore – Freestanding Gas Range in Stainless Steel
Sporting a modern look and some pretty interesting technical specifications, the Kenmore gas range represents a curious take on the standards gas stove. On the one hand, you have your typical gas range arrangement with the knobs for regulating the temperature and heaters, and on the other hand, there is also a digital display with a clock and a timer! Here are some of its features in more detail:
Materials – Most of this gas range’s exterior is made out of stainless steel. This choice of material does not only look good but also ensures the range will survive at times steamy cooking processes which can result in rust with other types of metal. With stainless steel, however, there’s no need to worry, as it will go undamaged no matter how long it’s been exposed to humidity.
Burners – This Kenmore freestanding gas range comes complete with 5 burners of varying size. These can cover pretty much all of your cooking needs (At least when the temperature is in question.), no matter what size of the pot ‘n’ pan you’re planning to use.
- Features 5 Burners
- Comes with an Oven and a Broiler
- Digital Display
- The timer beep only beeps once (Not that much of a big deal, but you got to be careful not to miss it.)
2. Cosmo – Gas Range with Convection Oven and 5 Burner Cooktop
If you’re on a lookout for a proper powerhouse of a gas range that will cover pretty much all of your cooking, roasting, and broiling needs, this Cosmo gas range can be a great option for you!
Equipped with powerful burners, a spacious oven, and some smart technology behind the scenes to make it all run as smoothly as a clockwork, this particular contraption will present a cook’s tool you’ll love to use.
Burners – Similarly to the previous product, this gas range also has 5 burners of varying heat levels. These, from the lowest to the highest, exert the following amount of heat intensity: 5,000BTU, 6,900BTU, 8,200BTU, 17,400BTU, and the most powerful one of 44,400BTU’s. So, regardless of your preferred cooking style or what dishes you’re making, this gas range from Cosmo will do the trick for you.
Knobs – For easy use and also, looks (why not), the folks at Cosmo have equipped their gas range with a series of stainless steel knobs. This contributes to a modern and attractive aesthetics and the maintenance is a piece of cake, as well!
- Durable stainless steel construction
- 5 Burners
- High-precision temperature contribution
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
- It heats a bit unevenly
3. Thor Kitchen – 6 Burner Gas Range + LP Conversion Kit
With a name that evokes the imagery of tough Vikings of yore and also of kitchen utensils, the Thor Kitchen company is a business that takes their gas ranges seriously, indeed.
When you first look at this chunky contraption, you’ll see why some people consider it a pro tool for chefs, as similar ranges can be seen at McDonald’s and in other food-making establishments.
Burners – In the department of heaters, this particular range fares pretty well, indeed, as it packs 6 different burners on its top. There are two sealed burners exerting 15,000BTU’s of heating power, then a single burner of 18,000BTU, and then 3 smaller ones each producing 12,000BTU’s.
(Also, the first duo of 15,000BTU burners has also got a simmer function that cooks your food slowly at 650BTU’s.)
Oven Interior – For purposes of both excellent looks and temperature retention, the inside of this gas range has been made of blue porcelain. Combined with the stainless steel exterior, this oven does look quite interesting.
- 6 Burners of Different Heat Levels
- Halogen Lights Illumination
- Nickel-Plated Oven Racks
- CSA Certified
- A bit expensive
4. Cosmo – Dual Fuel Gas Range
Featuring a heating system that can be converted to propane (If you have the kit for it.), the Cosmo’s dual fuel gas range is a simple but sturdy kitchen appliance that will do three things once you install it- look good, save money, and cook delicious food!
(A quick note, however: This Cosmo gas range comes with the heating settings designed for natural gas. If you want to convert it to propane, you’ll need a separate kit. Oh, and yes, you’d need to buy it separately, as well.)
Burners – The Cosmo dual fuel gas range enables you to work with 5 different burners with heating power ranging from 5,000BTU’s all the way to 18,000BTU’s for the most powerful ones. Plenty to cook even the toughest stake or slowly simmer a bone broth, for example!
Conversion Business – As we stated above, it’s possible to convert this appliance to propane, which can be convenient if you live in Europe or otherwise have a lot of this gas just laying around. Anyway, if you do decide to go for it, you’d need to buy your own installation kit.
- Adjustable Oven Racks
- 5 Shelf Positions
- A Hefty 2-Year Warranty on Parts and Labor
- Elegant Design
- Some users have been reporting the oven door not being level
5. Verona – Dual Fuel Range
Made out of stainless steel and designed using some of that well-known Italian ingenuity, the Verona Pro-Style fuel range is a cooking apparatus with not one, not three, but 2 oven doors!
The bigger oven should be used for cooking bigger pieces of meat and Thanksgiving turkeys, for example, while the smaller one can be used for heating up a stale sandwich or something.
Burners – As is the case with most gas ranges falling into this price range, the Verona dual fuel range also has 5 burners of varying heat intensity. Also, you can change up the fuel source if you want to, but note that you will need a specialized kit for this purpose, as well. (Luckily, this kit is included with this product.)
Digital Interface – Other than its looks and the ability to change up its fuel source, the Verona gas range has also got its fair share of modern technology inbuilt in its framework, so to speak. For example, the clock, as well as the timer can be set using it.
- Made out of Stainless Steel
- 5 Sealed Gas Burners
- Made in Italy
- Storage Drawers
- Some pans and pieces of bake-ware don’t really fit in the oven
Criteria To Select The Best Gas Range
Although I shortlisted these products based on certain criteria and did comprehensive research on them, still you can do your own research if need be based on the same criteria. You may include following aspects while doing your research:
- Number of Ovens and Racks
- Burner Power
- Weight and Dimensions
- Fuel Type
- Customer Satisfaction
As per my research, the 4 most important aspects out of these to consider are Price, Weight & Dimensions, Capacity and Customer Satisfaction. Let’s discuss these further one-by-one:
- Price – Either you are price conscious or you are quality conscious. But there is a fine balance between these two. I believe in purchasing affordable yet high quality products. In short, go for value for money!
- Weight and Dimensions – You don’t want your gas range to look awkward in your kitchen. So depending upon the space available and your aesthetic taste, choose the range which is a right fit for your kitchen.
- Capacity – Capacity is one of the most important aspects while choosing a gas range. Generally 4 cu. ft. capacity is right for a small family of 4 people. While if you have more than 4 members in your family, then go for the range with more than 5 cu. ft. of capacity.
- Customer Satisfaction – Actual customer reviews should also be one of the most important aspects while choosing a gas range. Customer Reviews on Amazon.com are one of the most genuine and credible for any product out there. While it is important to see whether the product is highly rated, it is also important to see the total number of reviews. Say if product ‘A’ has a 5 star rating but just 2 reviews, and on the other hand product ‘B’ has 4 star rating with 20 reviews, then I would go with product ‘B’.
8 Advantages of Gas ranges (Dual Fuel) over Electric ranges
- Even Heat – Gas ranges generate better and even stove top heat for cooking. The heat from the gas flame heats the bottom as well as sides of utensils, which cooks much faster compared to Electric ranges.
- Better Control – Gas ranges are easy to gauge and level of heat can be precisely adjusted by altering the flame. Thus they offer better control over Electric ranges.
- Economical to Operate – Since Natural Gas as a fuel is much cheaper and easily available across the states as well as it creates no pollution, so Gas ranges are much economical to operate overall compared to Electric ranges.
- Better Efficiency – Gas ranges are more efficient than their Electric counterparts. In fact they will cook 2 meals for the same amount of energy with which Electric ranges just 1 meal!
- Economical to Purchase – Natural gas ranges are comparatively more economical and inexpensive than Electric ranges. And they are better value for money.
- Flexibility – As soon as you turn off the flame, the range no longer emits heat, so your food will not get overcooked even when you leave it on the stove to rest without continuing to cook.
- Fuel Advantage – So there is a short cut, or some other problem due to which there is no electricity. No problem! You don’t have any dependency upon it anyway!
- Dual Fuel Edge – Most of the gas ranges come up with electric oven these days. Additional option of electricity for the ovens as a huge advantage!
Looking at almost all the aspects, my personal vote goes to Cosmo! It has largest number of pros with very few cons. It is the most trusted product out there as can be seen in its 3.5 star rating from as many as 14 customer reviews. In case not Verona then my second choicewould be Kenmore as it is a decent product overall with highly affordable price compared to other two products. And my third choice would be Thor Kitchen – 6 Burner Gas Range. Rest all depends upon your requirement and choice. Bertazzoni has 5 star rating and Smeg has 3 star rating from 3 and 4 customers each. But the point is Verona is the most purchased and most trusted out of all these products, which matters a lot!