Best Double Oven Gas Range
If you spend your life in the kitchen, you’ll probably appreciate a functioning oven. How about two?
Not separate ovens! But two ovens on the same stove.
There are such appliances called the double oven gas range. Both ovens are built into the same gas range, and the unit looks like something you’ll see in a commercial kitchen.
But the double oven gas range is not reserved only for the professional chef. It’s also designed for the home. So, you don’t have to feel like a dork for wanting one.
At the same time, a double oven gas range is not typically cheap. That’s all the more reason to shop around before parting with your dough.
This review makes your search for the best double oven gas range easier.
We have done our homework and here are some top picks for the best double oven gas range you can buy.
Double Oven Gas Range Buying Guide
But first, here’s a few things to consider when buying a double oven range.
- There are two types: Yes, the double oven range comes in two varieties, the slide-in range, and the freestanding stove. The slide in style is designed to fit within a space in your kitchen counter layout. The freestanding oven range, on the other hand, can be placed anywhere in your kitchen and does not have to be inserted into a predetermined space. That said, both the freestanding and slide-in oven ranges carry a smaller oven at the top and the larger oven at the bottom.
- The bottom oven is close to the floor: Using the bottom oven can be a pain if you have a bad back. Even so, you would need to check whether it would be comfortable for you to use the bottom oven for baking your turkey. While you shop, take the time to test it by pulling out the racks. If it’s no problem, then the double oven range is for you.
- There is no storage drawer: If you expected to have two functioning ovens and a storage drawer for your baking tins and other items, then you’ll be disappointed. The double oven gas range is designed to have separate ovens that can bake at different temperatures at the same time. The dimensions of these stoves must still fit most kitchens. As a result, no storage drawer.
- Check the capacity of the ovens: There should be more space for you to use in both ovens combined. The bigger oven should hold larger items like your turkey roaster or more than one baking pans. The smaller oven should function as well as the larger one and allow you to bake or warm things up like a pro. For double oven gas ranges, capacity matters.
- Try the controls: You will have more controls to work with on your double oven stove. Get to know which control works with which oven. You wouldn’t want to preheat or raise the temperature of the wrong oven, would you?
- Also, check the features: With so many double oven ranges to choose from, their features are bound to be important considerations for you. For example, the convection function is usually connected to the bottom oven. Some double ovens carry this function in both.
Top 5 Double Oven Gas Range Reviews
LG LDG4315ST 30″ Freestanding Double Oven Gas Range with 6.9 cu. Ft. Capacity, 5 Burners
Let’s start with the LG 30-inch Freestanding Double Oven Gas Range – the ProBake Convection ovens. Expect baking like a professional when you use this top of the line product from the LG brand. Your baking results will be even and flawless, as the ProBake technology is put to work. A noticeable feature is the heating element that is placed at the back wall of your oven instead of at the bottom (like other models). This arrangement allows for even heat distribution throughout the ovens.
With a capacity of 6.9 cubic feet, this double oven provides the largest working space on the market. So, if you are preparing multiple dishes or entertaining a large gathering, you’ll have no problem putting both ovens to work. If you’re in a hurry, the smaller oven is perfect for heating things in a flash. When demand is high, prepare your favorite meals at various temperatures at the same time. The controls are conveniently placed, so you don’t burn yourself reaching over a hot cooking surface. Clean your ovens fast – within 10 minutes- with the LG EasyClean function.
- This LG freestanding double oven range is well designed and looks attractive;
- Controls are arranged simply and for convenience;
- It is easy to dismantle the LG range to clean and maintain it;
- Burners have a high heat capacity (compared to other ranges);
- You can prepare anything faster with the ProBake convection ovens;
- Use the dual ovens to cook different dishes at different temperatures;
- The ovens are spacious.
- The burner knobs are very sensitive and may ignite your stove or ovens by accident if you’re not careful.
Samsung Appliance NY58J9850WS 30″ Slide-in, Dual-Fuel Range with 5 Gas Burners in Stainless Steel
Your cooking and baking woes are solved with the Samsung Appliance 30-inch slide-in dual fuel range. Not only can this stove work with cooking gas, but it also runs on electricity. Consider this dual fuel design as a flexible and convenient way to always be cooking or baking without having to worry about fuel. Furthermore, this stove and oven range gives you the flexibility to cook, bake, or simmer several meals at the same time.
The Samsung slide-in dual fuel range comes with five burners, two ovens (with the top oven being 2.4 Cu. Ft. and the bottom oven 3.3 Cu. Ft.), and a warming drawer. It’s easy to clean and maintain this stainless-steel range. Using this hybrid appliance will help you save on electricity.
- The ovens in this gas range pre-heat within five minutes, which is a great feature;
- A warming drawer is included to keep your food warm whenever you need to; it even has its own knob to set it from low to high;
- Burners are in various sizes to provide even heating to any pot you choose;
- The Samsung gas range is easy to clean and maintain.
3.Thor Kitchen HRG4804U 6 Burner Gas Range with Double Oven
What should you expect from an appliance provided by Thor Kitchen? Only the best in quality and performance. That said, the Thor Kitchen HRG4804U six-burner double oven gas range is your best bet for any job in a demanding kitchen. This unit is quite versatile as you can choose to have it perform as a free-standing range or as a slide-in (remove the backsplash).
You’ll be creating meals like a pro chef with these large double ovens (at 4.2 Cubic feet and 2.5 Cubic feet). So, let your meats, fish, or pastries bake, roast, cook, or sear. Prepare delicate sauces by simmering at low heat with this adaptable gas oven range. Not satisfied that you can do enough with this gas range? Use the 18,000 BTU griddle (stainless steel) to put together your favorite grilled meals.
- Heavy duty construction featuring six high-performance burners, and a stainless-steel griddle;
- Features an infrared broiler with a 16,500 BTU capacity and a convection oven with 22,000 BTU;
- Adequate oven spaces for your various meals;
- Efficiently manage your oven in manual or automatic oven control;
- This gas range can be ignited electronically.
GE Profile PGS960SELSS 30 Inch Slide-in Gas Range with Sealed Burner Cooktop, 6.7 cu. ft. Primary Oven Capacity in Stainless Steel
General Electrics has done it again with this high-quality GE Profile 30-inch gas range. At 6.7 Cubic feet, this dual oven cooking range is a perfect fit for most kitchens. It is designed with the capability to communicate with your smartphone. This double oven cooking range is also high tech as it features a Wi-Fi connection that allows you to manage it with your smart devices.
Cooking, baking, and grilling are made simple with the edge-to-edge cooking top that also features a 21,000 BTU tri-ring burner. You can even reverse the cast iron, and it works just fine. Another time-saving feature is that this gas range/oven also cleans itself with steam (so you don’t have to). The GE Profile slide-in gas range comes with a stainless-steel finish as an option you can choose.
- The G.E. Profile Gas Range is designed as a slide-in unit that is easy to install,
- The ovens are reasonably sized at 2.4. Cubic foot (upper oven) and 4.3 Cubic foot (lower oven);
- It comes with five burners that range between 5,000 and 21,000 BTU;
- For your convenience the G.E. Profile gas range is designed to use Wi-Fi connection;
- It is durable and can take the demands of a busy kitchen.
48″ 6 Burner Gas Range with Double Oven and Griddle
Your cooking and baking may be a pleasure to do with this 48-inch six burner gas range. Not only is this an efficient double oven gas range, but it is also durable, thanks to the cast iron cooking grates that are supplied with it. Now your fish, steaks, pork, chicken, any meats or pastries will be done to perfection with this versatile double oven gas range. Cleaning this unit is quite easy as the parts can be removed and replaced whenever you want to clean and maintain it.
In addition to the double oven that is the main feature of this six-burner gas range, you will find an infrared broiler. Indeed, your kitchen will be complete with the addition of the double oven gas range. You might, however, be a little put off by how easily the oven knobs peel. Otherwise, this is a double oven gas range worth having.
- As with most ranges on the market, this six-burner gas range also includes a 15,000 BTU dual burner that is quite powerful for boiling water fast but can be lowered to 650 BTUs to simmer your chocolate and delicate sauces;
- The cooking grates are made of durable cast iron;
- Set the right temperature with the commercial temperature knobs that can take the demands of every-day use;
- It’s easy to clean the ovens which are coated with blue porcelain;
- Easily cooks or sears fish, meats, and steaks and anything else you want to put in your ovens.
- It does not take long for the oven knobs to peel and the markings on the gas range to fade.
Buying a double oven gas range shouldn’t be a pain in the neck – not with a reliable review that has done the research for you. While there are many other options out there for you to consider, these recommended picks can be your starting point. From here, it’s entirely possible for you to find exactly what you’re looking for in the best double oven gas range that suits your purpose and fits your budget. It’s worth checking and considering the various features and advantages that double oven gas ranges provide when buying your appliance. Your final decision would be right.