As a homeowner, you have to worry about all of the things around your house that need to be fixed. Not only do you have to worry about the gutters, the roof, and the windows, but you also need to think about the smaller things like your water heater, the lawnmower, and of course, the washing machine.
After having a washing machine for so long, you may run into the problem of needing to buy a new hose so that it’s able to continue to work properly. If you’re running into that problem currently, you may not know what kind of replacement hose you need to buy. Before you pull your hair out or buy a new washing machine out of stress, keep reading to discover some of the best washing machine hoses available on the market today.
Top 5 Picks of Washing Machine Hoses
5 Best Washing Machine Connector Reviews
1. Burst Proof Washing Machine Hoses by CompatibleBrands
Typically, people rely on their washing machine at least once a week, while others use it two or three times a week. Obviously, your washing machine is something that you don’t really want to live without, so it’s important to make sure that it’s in proper running condition at all times. One of the most common things that need to be replaced on a washing machine is the hose.
Luckily, it’s a pretty inexpensive fix that takes no time at all to take care of. One of the things you should be looking for when buying a new hose for your washing machine is a hose that is burst proof. This braided stainless steel washing machine hose from CompatibleBrands is not only six feet long, but it’s also burst proof. Before you run to the store to buy a more expensive option, check out this Burst Proof Washing Machine Hose by CompatibleBrands.
- Comes with non-leaking washer inserts
- Comes with two in one pack
- The hose is narrow so fill times may be longer
- Hose connectors may leak
- Low flow volume
2. Premium Stainless Steel Washing Machine Hoses by Kelaro
Failing to buy the right hose for your washing machine can lead to a variety of problems. Unless you’d like to clean up after a major leak, make sure to take a look at this Premium Stainless Steel Washing Machine Hose by Kelaro. This pair of five-foot-long stainless steel washing machine hoses have a 90-degree elbow, so the washing machine can be installed closer to the wall.
Also, the hoses are color-coded blue for cold water and red for hot water so that the installation is as simple as possible for the homeowner. One of the best things about this set of hoses is the fact that they’re flexible universal hoses, so they can easily connect to normal household water supply lines. If you’re looking for a new washing machine hose that has wide openings for a 50% faster fill time, then this set of Stainless Steel Washing Machine Hoses by Kelaro would be the right purchase for you to make.
- Burst proof
- Comes with a five-year warranty
- Hoses are narrow
- May be difficult to get a tight connection to the washer
- Gaskets may be missing from the package
3. 2-Pack Rubber Washing Machine Hoses By K&J
It can be a bit of a hassle to look for washing machine hoses, especially when you’ve never had to do so before. Fortunately, K&J takes all of the guesswork out of buying new washer hoses with this impressive product. This pair of Rubber Washing Machine Hoses by K&J are six feet long, meaning you won’t have to disconnect the water supply if you need to get behind your washing machine for one reason or another.
Also, you don’t have to worry about mixing the hoses up because they can be used interchangeably with hot and cold water. The super high tensile strength of the fiber-mesh-fortified rubber ensures that the pressure is retained at a maximum level. If you’re looking for washer machine hoses that are capable of fitting any normal washing machine, then you might want to check out this 2-Pack of Rubber Washing Machine Hoses by K&J!
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Universal ¾” NPT connectors
- Burst proof
- Hose has a small diameter
- Doesn’t come with a screen to keep the sediment out
4. Stainless Steel Washing Machine Hoses by K&J
It goes without saying that K&J certainly knows what they’re doing when it comes to making high-quality products, and these stainless steel washing machine hoses are certainly no exception to that rule. These six-foot-long washing machine hoses give you enough length so you don’t need to turn off the water every time you need to get behind your washing machine. Some people tend to mix up the hoses when they need to install new ones, which can cause a bit of a frustrating situation.
Luckily, these hoses are interchangeable so you don’t need to worry about mixing them up when you’re trying to install them properly. The braided stainless steel design will ensure that you won’t have to deal with a leaking mess when you purchase these impressive Washing Machine Hoses from K&J. But don’t take our word for it. Buy the hoses yourself and test out K&J’s 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
- Burst proof
- Has maximum pressure-retaining qualities
- Universal ¾” NPT connections
- These hoses may cut the nylon threads on the sealed solenoid water intake unit
- Contains Prop 65 Warning
- May leak
5. Anderson Barrows Washing Machine Hose
If you’ve never had to buy a hose for your washing machine before, then you might not know what to look for. With that being said, Anderson Barrows has made it as simple as possible for those of you who are new to this part of being a homeowner. Varying in lengths from four feet to eight feet, Anderson Barrows is able to provide washing machine hoses for whatever your needs may be.
Keep in mind, though, if you don’t want to have to disconnect the water every time you need to get behind the washer, you may want to consider purchasing a longer hose. This stainless steel hose will make your life a whole lot easier, especially when you take into consideration the mess you could have on your hands with other options. If you’re looking for a dependable hose for your washing machine, then you should most certainly check out this product from Anderson Barrows.
- Comes with a rubber gasket
- Angled connector for convenient use
- Quality construction
- Only one comes in a package
- May leak
- Fittings may be cheaply made
Are Stainless Steel Washer Hoses Better?
- Washing machine hoses come in a variety of different materials, but it seems to be that stainless steel is the most popular option. It appears stainless steel just lasts longer because it’s capable of withstanding the intense heat of the water better than other materials.
How Long Should Washing Machine Hoses Be?
- Washing machine hoses can vary in length from four feet to eight feet. Choosing the length is dependent on your own needs and the space that you have to work with. As we said before, the main thing to think about is whether or not you want to turn off the water when you need to get behind the machine. If you don’t want to do that, then make sure to buy a longer hose.
How Often Should You Replace Your Washing Machine?
- The average life expectancy of a new washing machine is approximately ten years. Although, Consumer Reports suggests replacing any type of appliance after eight years of use unless it’s a high-end model. Pay attention to how your washing machine is acting and make sure to perform routine maintenance to keep the washing machine working properly.
Which Washer Cleans the Best?
- It goes without saying that there are plenty of different washing machine brands to choose from, so it can be a bit difficult to narrow it down to just one. Even though there are plenty of options, it seems to be that LG, Samsung, and Whirlpool produce the most reliable washing machines available on the market today.
How Do You Hook Up Washer Hoses?
1. Screw the water supply hoses onto the connections at the back of the washing machine. Make sure that you connect the hot water hose and the cold water hose to the right valves.
2. Connect the supply hoses to the proper valves. Move the washer into place and level the top of the machine.
Can You Reuse Washing Machine Hoses?
- The answer to this question is entirely up to you. If you’re confident enough to say that your hoses are in good enough shape to reuse, then they can most certainly be reused again. Just make sure that you replace the washers at the end of the connections that come with them.
How Do You Remove Washer Hoses?
1. Relieve the water pressure inside of the hoses by shutting the supply valves off. Then, turn the washer on and then off again.
2. Pull the washer out as far as you can.
3. Using your hand, or a wrench if they’re a bit stuck, twist off the couplings and remove the hoses.
Should You Turn Off Washer Machine Taps?
- While it may seem tedious, yes you should turn them off. If the taps are left on all of the time, they’re under a lot of pressure. This could cause you to get a leak, or even worse, a flood from a leaking or split fill hose. Save yourself some time and money, and turn the taps off when you’re not using them.
As you can see, you can look at washing machine hoses all day and not find a repeat. There are plenty of options to choose from, but one on this list really stands out. The hoses Kelaro are not only color-coded, but they come in a 90-degree angle, as well. If you’re looking for lead-free hoses that will fill up your washing machine 50% faster than comparable products, then these hoses from Kelaro would be the perfect purchase for you!