What is CPAP? It stands for continuous positive airway pressure. It’s a piece of medical equipment used for people who have breathing problems. After the outbreak of COVID 19, the use of CPAP machines has increased drastically. Due to the everyday use of this equipment, germs and bacteria tend to develop in it. So cleaning it frequently is mandatory. That is why CPAP cleaners are introduced. The purpose of this cleaner is to keep the machine free from germs or bacteria. There are varieties of CPAP cleaners. This article will focus on CPAP cleaner reviews to help you to choose the right one.
# Top 5 Best CPAP Cleaner Reviews in the Market – Editor’s Pick
1. Best Overall: GROWNSY UV Light Sanitizing Machine
GROWNSY UV CPAP cleaner sanitizer is quite popular. This beautiful product has multipurpose use. Its primary purpose CPAP sanitizer is to sterilize and can clean CPAP device easily. It can be used as a storage box and a dryer. It uses high-quality UV lights to sterilize. Also, its high-temperature feature is used to dry anything inside it to increase its effectiveness of sterilization. It’s easy to use and can be carried easily.
- High-quality UV light from Philips is used to kill germs.
- Its large storage capacity is used for multipurpose use.
- Easy to use dial system for different purposes.
- It incorporates a high-quality filter system.
- Philips UV lights are long-lasting.
- The drying temperature is 75 degrees celsius, which doubles the effect of sterilization.
- The filter uses melt-blown technology, and the filter is washable.
- A reflective interior increases the effectiveness of UV light.
- Sometimes the dial system is not very effective.
- Made of plastic and thus smells bad sometimes.
2. Best Runner Up: CORAL UV
CORAL UV is one of the best UV sterilizers. It can kill germ quickly as it uses two UV-c lights. It not only sterilizes but also can dry and can be used as storage. Its inner body is made out of rustproof stainless steel, which lets the UV light be appropriately used.
- CORAL UV uses two UV lights which lets it quickly eliminate almost all of the germs.
- It can generate enough to dry anything within half or an hour.
- Its sizeable inside chamber can be used as storage.
- Easy to use function button let you use your desired function when you need it.
- Two UV-C lights are used for increased germ elimination.
- It uses a Hepa filter. Also, include extra filters for future use.
- CORAL UV has a large storage capacity.
- This has four different modes of operation.
- Its reflective inner body is made out of stainless steel. It is also rust-proof.
- It incorporates a safety protocol for children. Whenever children try to open it, it will stop functioning automatically.
- This product has ETL certification.
- Sometimes the lid does not work correctly.
- The instruction manual does not cover everything.
3. Best deep cleans:iSonic Ultrasonic C-Pap Deep Cleaner P4821
iSonic produces professional ultrasonic cleaners. Their Ultrasonic CPAP deep cleaner P4821 is specialized in CPAP cleaning. Ultrasonic cleaners use high-frequency waves, which create a cavitational bubble. These bubbles then hit the item that needs to be cleaned with high speed and pressure. This ultrasonic CPAP cleaning machine has a high-capacity tank that measures from 2.5 to 2.6 liters. It uses an ultrasonic transducer that is more effective than available transducers used in CPAP cleaners. Its control panel is touch-sensitive and has an easy-to-use power switch.
- A large capacity tank helps to hold CPAP masks and CPAP hose properly.
- The control panel of this product is touch-sensitive, which makes it easy to use.
- Ultrasonic transducer makes CPAP cleaning effective.
- P4821 comes with a cleaning ingredient that not only cleanses but also removes the odor.
- Easy to use touch-sensitive panel.
- 60/80Watt(depending on the model of the product) Ultrasonic transducer.
- 2.6-liter tank.
- Incorporate a heater that can produce up to 60-degree celsius.
- The product includes cleaning tablets.
- A little bit costly.
- Charging does not work properly sometimes.
4. Best multipurpose product: Lumin 3B Medical Multi-Purpose UVC Cleaner
Lumin UVC cleaner is good for not only CPAP maks and hoses, but it can also clean your electronic gadgets like a mobile phone or game controller or even your keys. It uses a specially made bulb from Lumin itself, which is a mercury lamp. It has a drawer that is used for cleaning your CPAP masks and hose. It is pretty easy to use. LUMIN is one of the most reviewed items in CPAP cleaner reviews.
- It uses a high-quality mercury lamp for removing bacteria and viruses.
- The chamber or drawer in this device has much space and is airtight.
- Inside LUMIN UVC cleaner, the drawer is reflective, which utilizes the UV light properly, thus increasing cleaning effectiveness.
- Lumin UVC cleaner takes only 5 minutes to clean.
- The drawer inside the cleaner is spacious.
- No chemical is required for the cleaning process.
- It incorporates high-quality UVC light from LUMIN.
- The inside of the drawer is covered with polished aluminum.
- This cleaner only uses LUMIN bulbs.
- Aluminum is very soft, which makes it scratch-prone.
- The price is relatively high.
5. Best amazon choice: Munchkin Portable UV Sterilizer
Munchkin portable UV sterilizer is very popular for its size and ease of use. You can easily carry it in your handbag. This sterilizer uses UV-C light specially built in the company named 59s. It has a slot for a 3 AA battery which makes it easy to use in public. It also has a USB cable provided in the package, which means you can keep it running without a battery. Munchkin portable UV sterilizer has child safety.
- Munchkin sterilizer is super portable.
- It has child safety. If it is tried to be opened, it will automatically stop.
- The cleaning process takes only fifty-nine seconds.
- It uses special-grade UV LED light from the company 59s.
- Super portable.
- Child safety.
- Only 59-second cleaning process.
- It uses 3 AA battery and also provides a USB cable.
- Registered to Environmental Protection Agency.
- The charging cable does not work correctly.
- Occasionally battery drains too fast and cannot be charged using the cable.
6. Best smart UV Sterilizer: Home sanitizer solutions’ UV sanitizer
The UV sanitizer is a multipurpose product. It sterilizes and dries. It also has a large storage capacity. This product is environmentally friendly also it consumes low power. However, this is specially built for baby use but can also be used as a CPAP cleaner. UV sanitizer uses two UV lights for sterilizing. It can work in four different modes. It can sterilize, dry, or sterilize and dry simultaneously, and it can also be selected as storage when needed. This starilizer is marked as amazon’s choice. You can find this in most of the CPAP cleaner reviews articles.
- It has a 1.8-gallon capacity.
- This product has two UV lights for a double sterilizing effect.
- Its sterilizing process is quick.
- Consume very low electricity.
- Cleaning is not needed.
- Its power turns off as soon as the cover is opened.
- The UV sanitizer is environment-friendly as it does not have any lead in it.
- Low power consumption.
- Large storage.
- Two Philips UV lights.
- 11 minutes sterilization.
- Stainless steel reflective cover.
- No lead was used.
- There is a slight gap between the cover and the body, which exposes a little bit of the UV light.
7. Best commercial ultrasonic:iSonic P4820-WPB Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner
We have already reviewed isonic’s professional ultrasonic cleaner p4821. In this segment, we will be discussing isonic p4820, which is a commercial ultrasonic cleaner. This product design is quite robust. It is a very powerful cleaner. It has a big capacity tank where most of the CPAP mask and hose can fit in. Not only CPAP mask or hose, but you can also clean carburetors or any brass instrument that fits in. This cleaner comes with a heater and a cooling fan. Its high-frequency ultrasonic transducer is very effective in cleaning.
- It comes with a large tank with a capacity of 2.5/2.6 liter.
- A high-quality ultrasonic transducer with a 35000 Hz frequency is used for proper cleaning.
- It has a heater and a cooling fan inside.
- P4820 also has overheat protection.
- Its operation is almost soundless.
- Large stainless steel tank.
- 60 Watt Ultrasonic transducer.
- The heater has a temperature of 65 degrees.
- 8-25 minutes timer.
- Geprüfte Sicherheit certified.
- The heater stops working sometimes.
- The timer does not work correctly.
CPAP cleaner reviews will help you to choose the best cleaner for you. But to choose one from these reviews, you must know the factors depending on which you can decide whether the cleaner is the one that best suits your needs. We will discuss the factors below:
You consider the type of cleaner. We have discussed here the UV type and an ultrasonic type. If you do not like chemicals and water to clean your CPAP equipment, you should not go for ultrasonic cleaners as they use water and chemicals. In that case, you should try the UV sterilizers as it only uses UV lights to sterilize.
Size of tank or tray:
The size of the cleaner’s tank should be such that the CPAP mask and hose fits in properly. So depending on the size of your mask and hose, you should choose your cleaner.
If you choose an ultrasonic sterilizer, then it better has a heater. Because in ultrasonic cleaner water would be used. So to dry the CPAP equipment properly, your cleaner must contain a heater.
Portability is also a significant factor in buying a CPAP cleaner. If you have to move frequently, you have to choose something to carry with you every time you go out. So if you are a travel person, you should select a CPAP cleaner that can be carried around easily.
Different types of cleaners come with different kinds of functions. More functions mean more money.
If you want all the functions in your cleaner, then it’s obvious you have to pay more. And if you do not want to expend more money, go for something with less function.
To keep your CPAP mask and hose or the nose pad clean from all the bacteria and germs, you should have a convenient way to cleanse them. CPAP cleaner is that convenient way, and If you have already gone through all the CPAP cleaner reviews, you know which one is best for you. I would suggest choosing wisely depending on availability and your budget.